What is Sous Vide?
Sous vide—French for “under-vacuum”—is an innovative cooking technique in which food is vacuum sealed and slow-cooked in water at constant low temperatures until it’s perfectly cooked through. No other cooking method produces such consistently excellent textures and flavors, or maintains the natural integrity of foods so well. That’s why our restaurant-quality products are trusted by the world’s top chefs and favored by passionate foodies.
Quality ingredients are the foundation of every Cuisine Solutions recipe. Each of our creations is the result of meticulous procurement of the world’s finest spices, vegetables, poultry, meat and fish, such as grass-fed New Zealand lamb shanks, farm-raised Wagyu beef from Idaho and organic Peruvian pimento peppers.
- When possible, we seek out meat, poultry and fish that are farm raised, humanely treated and naturally fed
- When available, we use ingredients that are grown in sustainable, eco-friendly and pesticide-free environments
- With facilities on three continents, we’re able to source the best ingredients from around the world
The sous vide process locks in moisture, so our foods are more flavorful, fork-tender and incredibly juicy. Everything is naturally slow-cooked, so we don’t have to add flavor enhancers or tenderizers to our foods to make them taste great.
- We use very little or no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Our products are cooked naturally and undergo minimal processing
- Sous vide naturally prevents foods from losing moisture, which means no flavors escape and no artificial flavors are added
Because we slow-cook at lower temperatures, our food is naturally nutritious and wholesome. We don’t add preservatives or beta-blockers to our foods to make them safe or to extend their shelf life. You’ll taste the difference.
- Prior to cooking, each of our items is vacuum-sealed and fully pasteurized
- All forms of harmful bacteria are naturally eliminated
- Our product labels are full of ingredients you’ll recognize—because our products are created from real foods by professional chefs
Once our chefs create a recipe, our precise sous vide cooking method allows us to replicate the recipe over and over—for an excellent outcome every time.
- Our computerized monitoring systems and precise temperatures and cooking times ensure the highest level of quality on the plate
- Our products are protected from shrinkage and over- and under-cooking, so there’s no guesswork during your preparation
- Our center-of-the-plate items are preferred by top chefs throughout the world
- The consistency of the sous vide technique means our products are uniformly excellent, whether you’re serving dinner for two or a banquet for 2,000
Our products are fully cooked—ready to heat and serve—and can go from kitchen to table in mere minutes. They’re so easy to assemble, you don’t even need a kitchen.
- Our products are individually packaged, so portion control is easy and you use only what you need
- Quick preparation and assembly allows you to spend more time on sides and a stunning presentation
- Our frozen foods have a shelf life of 12 to 18 months
Each of our recipes is created by award-winning, classically trained chefs in our kitchens. We’re passionate about creating innovative, restaurant-quality dishes for fellow professional chefs and passionate foodies alike.
- Every Cuisine Solutions product is created in our kitchens by our chefs—not scientists in a laboratory
- Many of our recipes were first featured in Michelin-rated restaurants before being offered to the general public
- Our chefs hail from around the world (and have managed the kitchens at top-rated restaurants), so we offer authentic ethnic dishes as well as classic favorites
- We go beyond beef and chicken to offer a wide range of proteins, including lamb, pork and veal
Inside our sous vide process
Sous vide is French for “under-vacuum.” At its most basic level, sous vide only requires two pieces of equipment: a chamber vacuum-packing machine and an immersion circulator. Here’s how it works:
- First, fresh ingredients are prepared and sealed in a specially designed pouch with the vacuum sealer; removing the air from the pouch helps to transfer cooking heat to the food in the most efficient way
- Then, the pouch is placed into the water-filled immersion circulator, which ensures a precise, low cooking temperature (from 135 °F to 160 °F) throughout the entire cooking time, to preserve the physical integrity of the ingredients
- The food is kept in the circulator for an extended period, as long as 72 hours
- Once the food is cooked, the package is refrigerated (for our fresh packaged products) or quickly chilled in nearly freezing water and flash frozen (for our frozen products); flash freezing minimizes crystallization and eliminates any deterioration of food
- The result is outstanding cuisine with maximum quality, moisture, flavor and nutritional integrity
chief scientist Bruno Goussault
Cuisine Solutions’ chief scientist receives Einstein
Legacy Project Genius honor.
Learn the Art and Science
Receive your training from the masters of sous vide. Our respected culinary academy, CREA, will help you bring this innovative technique into your kitchen.